Thursday 11 October 2012

STUDIO BRIEF 1 - VISUAL THINKING _ ALPHABET SOUP


After conducting research into different letterforms of the alphabet using the word 'expand' I decided to start developing my chosen characters using the letters 'A B,C,D,E,V,W,X,Y,Z’ within a sketchbook. I decided to select one out of the 30 designs from my initial summer research as the foundation of my design; from this point onwards I developed the chosen character based on either altering the scale (height), scope (perspective), volume, enlargement of the actual character. As you can see the development in my sketchbook is fairly rough and some designs are thumbnail-like, I find it easier to sketch my designs and thoughts and then refine them in terms if there measurement and clarity. 


DEVELOPMENT DESIGNS 















As you can see the depth of the development is based on the success of each previous design, with some characters I found that I needed to develop the design further as I was not content with what had been produced before, with other designs I found that I like the first few development designs however decided to further develop and to investigate whether other ideas were better however have gone back to the first few developments as they overpowered the latter few. 

No comments:

Post a Comment