Thursday 22 November 2012

END OF MODULE SELF EVALUATION



1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

One of the most important skills I have learnt/developed are the basic tools on Adobe Illustrator. I feel that from the tutorials which were given I managed to pick up the basic skills necessary to use Illustrator such as the pen tool and the blend tool I feel that learning this opened a pathway in which I can now feel confident walking upon. Prior to this module I was not bale to use illustrator/ did not have any confidence producing a vector design however now I feel that I can experiment and continuing practising these skills which will inform my design in the near-future. I also feel that this module has enabled me to be more considerate in terms of time-management, it has opened my eyes to fast-pace designing and producing work rapidly through developing designs (design development) efficiently rather than spending a mass amount of time on one design, in essence I know now how to structure my time when given a one-week brief.

2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I feel that my approach to design development has changed in a positive way, my design development has become more structure, at the beginning of the module my development was in one chunk, in comparison to it being structured into initial designs (rough layout sketches), development and further development. With this structure I can now sketch my initial thoughts quickly and as development progresses the additional detail can be added. This has further informed my design development as it has given me a broader range of initial designs to work with.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I think that a strengthen within my work is my application of colour to my designs, I feel that I have consistently applied colour to my work in an appropriate and strong manner and where required have always met the colour and stock deliverable requirements. I also feel that my work, which delivered on my blog, has a sense of organisation to it, each post feeds into the next, research and final outcomes are clearly organised in chorological order.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

Although I have blogged self evaluations onto my PPP blog I feel that I haven’t evaluated and reflected as much as I intended too throughout each brief which had been giving to me. I feel that this is a weakness as the importance of self-evaluation is nurtured a lot on this course, instead of evaluating on my own accord I feel that I have had to be prompted to evaluate through critique feedback rather than from the critique feedback and from my own accord. Another weakness that has become evident through this module is that on some briefs my time management skills were fairly poor, I have found that I have been spending more time on one brief than another I feel that in the next module I could improve this by sticking to designated time given on one brief to avoid falling behind, I could also structure my week as soon as I receive a brief in order to avoid this too. 


5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

  • Time management when receiving a brief – The quality of my work will improve as I will not be rushing to get things done thus I will enjoy what I am producing more and be more confident in my outcomes.
  • Improve with self-evaluation – If I reflect on my work more on my own accord to will inform my design decision a lot better thus resulting in stronger concepts and ideas.
  • Blogging consistently – Although my posts are fairly organised and structured I feel that if I just blogged my work at the end of the day then this would save me time instead of blogging in one go, this would also improve m time management skills.
  • Writing clear and concisely on my blog, I think that it is important for me to write concisely on my blog when explaining work as at the moment I feel like I am writing far to much irrelevant information, I think if I do improve this I will be able to understand my work a lot better in the future when looking back on it.
  • To be more confident with new skills that I have learnt, to apply my new-found skills on illustrator confidently, not to be afraid of asking peers on how to develop these skills and not to be hesitant using them within my design outcomes. 

6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance



x

Punctuality



x

Motivation



x

Commitment



x

Quantity of work produced


x


Quality of work produced

x



Contribution to the group



x

The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment